UU Minister Rev. Jack Mendelsohn once said, “Our religious way of life is not so much an arriving as a becoming – an ongoing process of thought and life experience.” Along that way, we have found the following five items to be the foundations of meaningful UU membership:
- Show up: attend regularly on Sunday mornings
- Search: at least once a year, participate in an educational program that deepens your faith
- Serve: be involved in at least one outreach program per year
- Support the congregation financially at a stewardship level
- Speak to others about our congregation
In 2018, First U has 321 members and each week, about 150 adults and children attend our worship service.
Additionally, we have approximately 120 “friends” of the church, who participate in our spiritual and social activities but have chosen not to become members.