Our Building & Grounds
First Unitarian Church of Cleveland is located at 21600 Shaker Boulevard in Shaker Heights, Ohio.
Our building sits on approximately six acres of land, which includes ample parking, as well as three distinct gardens. Our 5,400-square-foot permaculture garden was one of Northeast Ohio’s first. We are also home to a community garden that utilized sustainable practices to raise food, and a peaceful memorial garden.
The church building was built in 1953 and officially dedicated in 1955. The 36,000-square-foot structure includes our Sanctuary, where our weekly worship services are held, as well as a large Fellowship Hall, a commercial-grade kitchen, an art studio, and office spaces and classrooms. A number of organizations and groups meet at First Unitarian every day. To learn more about renting space at our church, please visit the Rentals page.